Saturday, January 20, 2007

How Many Gods?

Just in case you didn't know, Thaipusam falls on February the 1st. And I is fasting. So please refrain from sending me the usual 'goods' or 'funny' websites on MSN. [Yes, you get the message] And also, please refrain from putting up 'unacceptable' emoticons. [The word unacceptable is subjective. Might change to 'most appropriate' after thaipusam] Last year I had to block and delete 3 clowns who thought that sending semi-nude/nude emoticons during my fast was a great joke. Nah, it didn't work as planned. [Semi nude/nude emoticons are only meant for non fasting days] Anyways, if I forgot to inform you about my kavadi, I will do it now. Am as busy as hell with alot of things to sort out. So for now, this is what I have more or less confirmed:

Date: 1st February.
Time: Most probably 7am. [This basically means that you have to be there the night before unless you're willing to wake up at around 5.30am, depending on the area you stay at, to take a cab with midnight charge included and when you finally reach the temple, you have to wait your turn to enter and when you finally enter, you get squeezed your way to my kavadi only for me to say "Obi good! Who ask you come so late?"]
Venue: Perumal Temple. [Don't you dare tell me you don't know where it is. What are you? German? Even my friend from Holland knows where it is. But then again, maybe he knows it coz he's a cheeky monkeys regular. Who cares? He still remembers it despite the umpteen 'drink and lie near the dustbin' routines]

Note: If you don't have any kavadi to attend in the wee hours of the 1st, then please call me. I have tons of unfinished business. And by the way, I lost everyone's number. So please SMS me to tell me you're still alive.

Meanwhile, a lil' bet that's going on between me and a friend of mine. This chinese bloke knows more indian stuff than an average indian would know about their own culture. Very interesting chap. [I was paid to write the previous two sentences] Anyhow, read below and send me your answers to win a 'brand new' second hand handphone. [Which doesn't work by the way]

Me: Bro, I think I planning to take at 9am la. 7am we start the piercing and prayers. By 9am should be able to leave the temple already. No jam, nothing. Can slowly dance and go. You coming not?
Friend: You siow ah? I come there like one extra la. Surely people will be wondering what this Chinese boy doing in an Indian function. You got the drum [thavil] already not? You were looking for one right?
Me: Dun worry la. I got see so many Chinese taking kavadi what. What's the biggie? And yeaps, my Bhajan group will take care of the drum. All I need to do is to go collect when I am free. It's already reserved for me.

Friend:
Feel strange la. Already you have so many people coming mah. So I am ok with just watching the video after you have finished. So how much do you have to pay for the drum?
Me: I don't pay a single cent. It pays to know one or two people. All I need to do is bring along a plate with flowers, betel leaves, and 'paaku'.
Friend: What's all that for?

Me:
It's basically a formality. Doing for god mah. So must do 'swee swee'.

Friend:
Oh. Something like bringing fruits for people when they're ill or admitted is it?
Me: Yeaps. In fact, you're expected to bring along fruits and the other formal stuff when you go collect anything to do with a kavadi. I was thinking of at least bringing one mango but decided to heck it.
Friend: How come?
Me: Mango means murugan and vinayager [A.K.A elephant god] will fight la. I already told you what this murugan did right?
Friend: (Laughs) Yea you told me that story before. Darn funny la you. Bring along banana then la. Still fruit mah. Usually the Indian functions I go to always got banana one.
Me: The same thought ran through my mind but still cannot leh.
Friend: Why?
Me: I realised that his house got hanuman also. [A.K.A Monkey God]

Friend:
(Laughs again) How many gods do you exactly have?

Me:
Heh? That's a good question. I myself don't know. My mum prays to a different Amman everyday. It's been 20 years now. Do you think we have that many amman meh?

Friend: (Crazy fella laughs for the third time) How'd I know. I Chinese what!
Me: Will blog it for the answer. See who knows.
Friend: I heard you those very pious one? How come you don't know?
Me: Trust me. I can bet on my second hand LG handphone [which doesn't work by the way] that no one can answer your question. Not even the most pious of men.

Friend: We'll see.
Me: We definitely will.

Labels: ,


Praba - 9:44 AM 0 comment(s)



No. Of Visitors

Send me emails whenever blog is updated!

what is this?


Posts that contain Liverpool per day for the last 30 days.
Technorati Chart
Get your own chart!

Add to Technorati Favorites


My blog is worth $13,161.72.
How much is your blog worth?

Name - Praba
Age - 22
Birthday - 19 May
Horoscope - Taurus
E-Mail - narakabarp@gmail.com

Fuck 2006. Fuck More 2007
Exposed
Job Applications
MRT Etiquette-The Remake
Women Just Don't Listen
Anjadi Identification
A Look Back At My Younger Days
Cockroach Plea
Tagged. Tagged. Tagged.
Sanjeev Ram Turns 21

April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
March 2010

My 20th
Sun Tv Part 1
World Cup Fever
Friendster
Sun Tv Woes Part 2
Apologies
Funky Names For The Future
Door To Door Wails
Pick Up Li(n)es
The Nickname KLKlassification
Anonymous Callers
The Problem With Acronyms
The KLKomical SMSes
Weird Weird Emails
The Disturb Calls
The Hokkien Encyclopedia
Deepavali

How Did You Come Across This Blog?
By Word
Other Blogs
Google
Friendster
Just Got Lucky

Faeza
Freelance Makeup & Henna

Joyce
Kavitha

Michelle
Panther & Dynah
Priscilla
re Revathy
Samantha Gracie
Sangeetha
Sarah

Image hosting by Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Property Of Rough Rhymes


Praba.
20 This Year.
Cursed to be here.
First to be clear.

You won't understand till we trade places.
I need my own breathing spaces.

See, my life ain't promised.
But it'll sure get better.
Hope you undastan my love letter.

I dropped 5 times but I'm still breathin'.
Livin' proof there's a god if you need a reason.

I think about it everyday.
I haf so much to say.
My main thing was to be major paid.
This game's sharper than a muthafuckin' razor blade.

I wanna be meaningful.
Not winnin' fools.
I followed fools.
Swallowed rules.
Now I'm starting to trip.
I'm losing my grip.

Many were impressed when they saw praba writin'.
Now wait for him to start fightin'
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com