Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Deepavali

Deepavali is coming. Aware aren't you? Now we have a reason to club with an excuse and an excuse to reason why we club. The time to get piss drunk carefree only to wake up and say "I will never drink this shit again next deepavali" Times where dramas unfold, family ties strengthen and friends are what it's all about. The sweet smell of festive season. I is loving it. More importantly for me, this is the last deepavali I will get to spend as a kid before I go in for my two years imprisonment. Army that is.

If you're planning to invite me over, tell me in advance so that I won't have to play the role of 'Avvai Shanmughi' for a different reason. All so that I will keep that specific time slot free. And yea, inviting me weeks before hand alone doesn't do the trick. You've gotta consistently keep reminding me. Am getting old, get it? And just before you think of inviting me, bear in mind it takes more than what you think to bring praba home. See, there are certain traditional values you need to upkeep to lure me into your homes. I carry along years of experience visiting houses on deepavali. I will not step into a trap nomore. So, here are the rules:

1) You do NOT stay in yishun. Not even within 5km radius of yishun. No kharthib, no sembawang, no admiralty, no chong pang, no ping pong and no sing song. Clear?

2) You've gotta have a hot sister. I don't wanna see your overfed buffalo of a brother staring at my food when I am eating. And make sure it's her, and only her, who attends to all my needs in my short period of stay. If you're sister ain't hot, do something about it. No sister at all? Rent one.

3) Do NOT invite someone, who thrash-talks and laughs at his own jokes while his briyani spills grain by grain onto my cup of soft drink, at the same time as me. My deepavali resolution for this year is to carry along a parang to every house I visit. Ensure you don't see red liquid spilling on your floor tiles.

4) Keep all dogs/cats/zebras/giraffes/antelopes AWAY from me. I do not wish to encounter a situation whereby your dog starts humping/biting/scratching or licking my ass. Last year's deepavali resolution was to carry a shotgun so as to shoot anything, with less than 5 senses, molesting me. So if your pet is that much loved, keep it in your bank locker for a day.

5) Do NOT invite people, who cannot hold their alcohol/beer/ginger beer/root beer/wine or jolly shandy, at the same time as me. I have low tolerance for people who vomit within 5om radius of me. Deepavali 2004-I was made to carry a thrash bag for uncles who turned into merlions. Only difference was that they emitted out vomit. This year the only bag I'll carry is a bomb bag. Beware.

6) Please make sure your parents are conservative. On days like this, I like it old school. No one likes modern parents who think inviting someone over offering them food and stopping right there is 'in' thing. Where's the bundle of joy wrapped in green paper? Trust me, I'll see red if I don't see green. (Just in case you're lost, green paper is the green packet or like the chinese say 'hung pao')

7) Make sure your parents are conservative but not that conservative. See, we live in a modern world where prices are rising. No longer do 2 dollar notes do the trick. A pack of marlboro reds costs $11.50 you know? So please ensure I see something red in the green rather than something green/purple or even worse, gold, in the green. You got the message?

8) I is a die hard Pineapple Tart lover. Or illustriously known as 'Kuih Tart'. Make sure I see ample of em'. And while I am busily munching on the tarts, keep miles away from me that 3/4/5/6 year old brother/sister/cousin, who gives me that "I didn't get to eat the pineapple tart you know?" kinda look.

All's said and done. I've seen it all on festive seasons. Scenarios ranging from "oh my lord" to "OH MY LORD!" So do me a favour. Gimme a splendid deepavali this year. This year, I is extending the invitation to all who wanna come over to my place. Whether or not I know you or you know me, who cares. Just come over, feast your stomach and enjoy while I'm still nice. Friends/relatives/strangers/enemies/dogs/cats/kittens all are welcomed. Do not be hesitant. And just in case you do not know how to get to me, prabadiouf@hotmail.com is the answer. And just so that you know, my parents are extremely modern in this. Let's see if you've got the message right. And to all reading this, as quickly as I can before my memory fails me again, have a splendid Deepavali.

Praba - 6:38 AM 0 comment(s)



No. Of Visitors

Send me emails whenever blog is updated!

what is this?


Posts that contain Liverpool per day for the last 30 days.
Technorati Chart
Get your own chart!

Add to Technorati Favorites


My blog is worth $13,161.72.
How much is your blog worth?

Name - Praba
Age - 22
Birthday - 19 May
Horoscope - Taurus
E-Mail - narakabarp@gmail.com

Weird Weird Emails
The Popular Bad Boy
The Disturb Calls
The Hokkien Encyclopedia
The Jealous Questions
The Bitter Student Life
Jersey's On Sale
Miss Vasantham 2006
Sun TV Woes- Part 2
Spurious Believes 4 The Curious

April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
March 2010

My 20th
Sun Tv Part 1
World Cup Fever
Friendster
Sun Tv Woes Part 2
Apologies
Funky Names For The Future
Door To Door Wails
Pick Up Li(n)es
The Nickname KLKlassification
Anonymous Callers
The Problem With Acronyms
The KLKomical SMSes
Weird Weird Emails
The Disturb Calls
The Hokkien Encyclopedia
Deepavali

How Did You Come Across This Blog?
By Word
Other Blogs
Google
Friendster
Just Got Lucky

Faeza
Freelance Makeup & Henna

Joyce
Kavitha

Michelle
Panther & Dynah
Priscilla
re Revathy
Samantha Gracie
Sangeetha
Sarah

Image hosting by Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Property Of Rough Rhymes


Praba.
20 This Year.
Cursed to be here.
First to be clear.

You won't understand till we trade places.
I need my own breathing spaces.

See, my life ain't promised.
But it'll sure get better.
Hope you undastan my love letter.

I dropped 5 times but I'm still breathin'.
Livin' proof there's a god if you need a reason.

I think about it everyday.
I haf so much to say.
My main thing was to be major paid.
This game's sharper than a muthafuckin' razor blade.

I wanna be meaningful.
Not winnin' fools.
I followed fools.
Swallowed rules.
Now I'm starting to trip.
I'm losing my grip.

Many were impressed when they saw praba writin'.
Now wait for him to start fightin'
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com