Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saving Private Praba


I'm a soldier, ain't I? There's no way I'll spare the SAF from my blog, would I? Absolutely not. I am on a 14 day annual leave till Christmas. And yes, advanced Merry Christmas to you since you know I might not blog for a long time to come if not for today. Though I is on leave, the SAF disease just sticks with me. I just can't help it. What can I do? As a arty man, I just have to. And what do SAF men do when they're on leave? I'll give you the most common 10.

1) Wake up at 5.30am then go back to sleep.
2) Tell mum to stand-by cooking.
3) Make siblings shout "ROOM!" and stand at attention when entering the house.
4) Seek psychotherapy to deal with lingering Sunday night book-in depression.
5) Continue to use No. 4 to hide in bushes along Fort Canning Park to disturb lovers making out. [I was there just yesterday]
6) Buy Malay dictionary to find out what all those commands really mean.
7) Shout "Grenade!" when throwing things at someone.
8) Tell family and friends, while exaggerating [Admit it], how they had to undergo all the 'shiong' training.
9) Shout the SAF 7 core values before drinking a jug of Vodka Cranberry.
10) Plan how to 'keng' the next phase of training, marking out all important days in calendar to suit personal plans.

Trust me, it's true, it's true. And just before I go off, an ode to National Service:

Native, born on native soil
Raised till eighteen, made to toil
To defend a tiny land
That’s the Singaporean man

On enlistment, BMT
Sergeant scold your family
Meet your Encik, CSM
The company's stupid man

They'll take you into a room
One man over many loom
Then you must prepare to swear
For this island always wear

Colour green and nothing more
Admin, PT and smart 4
They will strip you to the core
Fear not you're the nation's whore

They'll give you a gunnysack
Change you into vest and slacks
2 years of your life they'll take
You to hell until you break

Be prepared you new found dog
They'll make you wash and unclog
Urinals and other stuff
2 years are more than enough

In this life you'll never find
Better times to lose your mind
Welcome whore and please don't cry
You've already sworn to die

Learn to march and learn to sing
Songs that do not have meaning
But don't stop or wonder why
You're an idiot now green guy

Brains don't work in this army
It runs in Lee's family
Meet your rifle, your new wife
She's your friend, your foe, your life

Strip her tenderly with care
Or sergeant will screw you there
Here's your SBO and helm
You're now warrior of the realm

Honor, pride and glory be,
Bring this country harmony
Smelling like a mad wild boar
Dolled up in your goddamn 4

In the bus or up a train,
People may smell and complain
"Chow peng kia! They’re so smelly
All the botak so ugly."

Hang in there don't be let down
You're protector of the crown
Sergeants you must look up to
All the training they've been through

They KNOW they have seen the world
To them you're a baby girl
Like lions they are inside
They're just pussy cats outside

Think that SISPEC made you good?
Come on let’s try prison food
All these street smart wannabes
Grew up eating mommy's peas

Educated know all jacks
That is why they’re all called SPECS
Think a sergeant's hard to be?
Wanna come try RTC?

Yes you're somebody down here
Recruits look at you and fear
Grow up! Naive simple man
In this army brains don't stand

PC! PC! You're a Sir
Back in JC you're a blur
Born with glasses nerdy whore
Never seen the world before

To them NSF are dogs
Idiots meant to do shit jobs
Given to fulfil a cause
Treat them like you'd treat a horse

We must salute officers
All commissioned regulars
We address them all as Sirs
Just amazing, these soldiers
Instilling a sense of pride
Hunks that for this land would fight
They look so fierce in smart 4
So fierce I can’t wait for war

I'm sorry but ain't it true?
Sucked until your face turned blue
Which army in history
Controlled by a nerd sissy?

Labels:


Praba - 7:13 PM 0 comment(s)



No. Of Visitors

Send me emails whenever blog is updated!

what is this?


Posts that contain Liverpool per day for the last 30 days.
Technorati Chart
Get your own chart!

Add to Technorati Favorites


My blog is worth $13,161.72.
How much is your blog worth?

Name - Praba
Age - 22
Birthday - 19 May
Horoscope - Taurus
E-Mail - narakabarp@gmail.com

The Revised List
Sailing Off
Who's Da Man?
Robbed In Style
Da Blog For Now
Liverpool Vs Chelsea
I Is Now Contactable
I've Replied
NDP Ticket To Be Given Away
Mass Gaining

April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
March 2010

My 20th
Sun Tv Part 1
World Cup Fever
Friendster
Sun Tv Woes Part 2
Apologies
Funky Names For The Future
Door To Door Wails
Pick Up Li(n)es
The Nickname KLKlassification
Anonymous Callers
The Problem With Acronyms
The KLKomical SMSes
Weird Weird Emails
The Disturb Calls
The Hokkien Encyclopedia
Deepavali

How Did You Come Across This Blog?
By Word
Other Blogs
Google
Friendster
Just Got Lucky

Faeza
Freelance Makeup & Henna

Joyce
Kavitha

Michelle
Panther & Dynah
Priscilla
re Revathy
Samantha Gracie
Sangeetha
Sarah

Image hosting by Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Property Of Rough Rhymes


Praba.
20 This Year.
Cursed to be here.
First to be clear.

You won't understand till we trade places.
I need my own breathing spaces.

See, my life ain't promised.
But it'll sure get better.
Hope you undastan my love letter.

I dropped 5 times but I'm still breathin'.
Livin' proof there's a god if you need a reason.

I think about it everyday.
I haf so much to say.
My main thing was to be major paid.
This game's sharper than a muthafuckin' razor blade.

I wanna be meaningful.
Not winnin' fools.
I followed fools.
Swallowed rules.
Now I'm starting to trip.
I'm losing my grip.

Many were impressed when they saw praba writin'.
Now wait for him to start fightin'
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com