Thursday, July 13, 2006

Spurious Believes 4 The Curious

An irrational belief arising from fear or lack of knowledge. All concealed in the name of superstition. Indians and nitwitted superstitions go hand in hand. It's in our blood to have a reason in standby for everything that happens. My mum seems to have an encyclopedia in her head when it boils down to superstitions. Whatever I dream of, she jus flips through the "Oh yea I've heard this in India before" reference guide in her head to derive the meaning. Was cruising around the net for a while when something I found really silly made me laugh BUT think. Here are a few superstitions that I came across. Some of them I've heard before. Some really got me staring blankly at the computer screen.

Website Says: To prevent an unwelcome guest from returning, sweep out the room they stayed in immediately after they leave.
I Say: I keep sweeping but they just keep coming.

Website Says: It is bad luck to see an owl in the sunlight.
I Say: Whether sunlight or moonlight, seeing an owl in
Singapore near your housing estate requires you to dial the number 9-9-9.

Website Says: If you get a chill up your back or goosebumps, it means that someone is walking over your grave.
I Ask: How can I possibly have a grave when I am still alive?

Website Says: If you cut an apple in half and count how many seeds are inside, you will also know how many children you will have.
I Ask: What if I happen to cut a pineapple instead? Will I know how many grandchildren I will have?

Website Says: If you spill pepper you will have a serious argument with your best friend.
I Ask: Black pepper or white pepper?

Website Says: Salty soup is a sign that the cook is in love.
I Ask: If that is the case, does it mean that he is crying tears of joy onto my order of "Fishball Soup"?

Website Says: You sleep best with your head to the north and your feet to the south
I Ask: Is it ok according to your "Feng Shui" if my girlfriend sleeps with her head to the north, her left leg facing west and her right leg facing east?

Website Says: It's bad luck to open an umbrella inside the house, especially if you put it over your head.
I Ask: Why the fuck will I open an umbrella inside my house when we all have roofs over our homes?

Website Says: A watermelon will grow in your stomach if you swallow a watermelon seed.
I Ask: Where's the apple tree that's supposed to be in my stomach then?

Website Says: Cover your mouth when you yawn, or your soul can go out of your body along with the yawn.
I Ask: Do I have to cover my arse when I fart then?

Website Says: If you use the same pencil to take a test that you used for studying for the test, the pencil will remember the answers.
I Say: Madhu, you heard that? I am borrowing your pencil to make calculations hereafter.

Website Says: A rabbit's foot will bring luck and protect the owner from evil spirits if carried in the pocket.
I Ask: Frog's leg?


Praba - 2:49 PM 0 comment(s)



No. Of Visitors

Send me emails whenever blog is updated!

what is this?


Posts that contain Liverpool per day for the last 30 days.
Technorati Chart
Get your own chart!

Add to Technorati Favorites


My blog is worth $13,161.72.
How much is your blog worth?

Name - Praba
Age - 22
Birthday - 19 May
Horoscope - Taurus
E-Mail - narakabarp@gmail.com

The Eye Candy Did It
Friendster
World Cup Fever
Sun TV- Part 1
Conservative Relatives
My 20th.
Ladies Are Gonna Be Exposed In My Next Post
Amazed How People Can Be 2 Faced
Electronic Mails Lead To Chronic Tales
Fat Bitches Ain't Ugly Witches

April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
March 2010

My 20th
Sun Tv Part 1
World Cup Fever
Friendster
Sun Tv Woes Part 2
Apologies
Funky Names For The Future
Door To Door Wails
Pick Up Li(n)es
The Nickname KLKlassification
Anonymous Callers
The Problem With Acronyms
The KLKomical SMSes
Weird Weird Emails
The Disturb Calls
The Hokkien Encyclopedia
Deepavali

How Did You Come Across This Blog?
By Word
Other Blogs
Google
Friendster
Just Got Lucky

Faeza
Freelance Makeup & Henna

Joyce
Kavitha

Michelle
Panther & Dynah
Priscilla
re Revathy
Samantha Gracie
Sangeetha
Sarah

Image hosting by Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Property Of Rough Rhymes


Praba.
20 This Year.
Cursed to be here.
First to be clear.

You won't understand till we trade places.
I need my own breathing spaces.

See, my life ain't promised.
But it'll sure get better.
Hope you undastan my love letter.

I dropped 5 times but I'm still breathin'.
Livin' proof there's a god if you need a reason.

I think about it everyday.
I haf so much to say.
My main thing was to be major paid.
This game's sharper than a muthafuckin' razor blade.

I wanna be meaningful.
Not winnin' fools.
I followed fools.
Swallowed rules.
Now I'm starting to trip.
I'm losing my grip.

Many were impressed when they saw praba writin'.
Now wait for him to start fightin'
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com