Monday, October 23, 2006

Deepavali-The Aftermath

Disclaimer: This post is dedicated to those who didn't reach their expected 'ang pao' targets this year and for those slightly more to the 'I so badly wanna bitch coz all my friends collected more dough than me' mood.

Deepavali. The excuse to buy new clothes and clean up the mess you made outta the house you live in. The time to escape everyday food at home and feast on something nicer elsewhere. Nicer becoz you're paid to eat good food cooked by someone else. Paid as in in the form of an 'ang pao'. And 'ang paos' are a must becoz you see an additional item being added to your 'die die must get' list every 30 seconds.

The countdown

If you think that deepavali is the bigger event and not the countdown, I bet you not. If you noticed, the countdown always carries a longer 'orgasm' periods than the day itself. If you took yourself to the streets of campbell lane on deepavali eve, you'd know exactly what I meant. It's not about the mood. It's about getting into the mood. Armed with foamed spray cans and party poppers, our dear yindians cruised through the already crowded bazaar. And party poppers and foamed spray cans are a must to irritate the shit outta everyone. So what if you don't know them? The idea is to finish the foamed can to give your money a good worth and to show everyone what an irritating muthafucka you are. For those who wanna remain in the anonymous category and do not wanna risk the "Fuck you la chee bai, your mother never teach you ah?", use the bomb bags. Inflate that deflated son of a bitch and run away to hide and watch it explode to shoot some 'cum' looking liquid right up the skirt of some girl walking. All in the name of being sporting. *Applause*

Nevermind if you've run out of pick up lines or lack the brains to think of one. There's no need to worry coz you can always walk up to the cute chick and say "Hey, happy advanced deepavali wishes." Even though it doesn't mean peanuts to you if she celebrates deepavali or not. This is that one day where you get a step closer than all your previous attempts by shaking their hands. 2 for $8 beer cans and malaysian cigarette packs play an important role in welcoming the festive mood. Whether or not you go there to shop or 'eye wash', doesn't matter. All you need is alot of beer and your own world.

The over-rated day

I am not hiding anything. On a normal day, I am as lazy as a buffalo to drag my ass to the bathroom. I am a typical dirty boy. Brushing of the teeth is good enough hygiene for me unless I am going out. And I know I am a dirty boy. But on a festive day, to wake up and oil myself followed by applying something that looks like mud, is abit too much. My mum does something strange every deepavali. This year, she took it a step higher. I was told to walk into the bathroom and apply the oil that was in the bathroom. When I actually got to the bathroom, I was greeted by a bottle placed at the door. It read "Ithayam Nallanei." What the fuck? That's like the same oil my mum uses to make 'thosai'! Must be that god damn sun tv's influence. So when in doubt, skip the oil and mud application part.

This year's deepavali was spent visiting relatives and friends. The visiting of a relative is made fun only when you badly wanna collect some 'ang pao' and tear the shit outta it to see a red note there waiting to welcome a new pack of cigarettes into your pocket. But all that money doesn't come in easy. Hell no. There's definitely some heartache to come with it. It's weird when your relatives invite you home and they tell you things like "make yourself feel at home" only to start asking questions that leave you crossed and wishing you were actually at home. This deepavali, I was advised and asked questions. Advices that were redundant and questions that I couldn't and wouldn't wanna answer.

So heed my advice, the next time you ever visit a relative, never stay more than 10 minutes in one house. Follow the 4 C's that I so strictly follow every deepavali. Come, consume, collect and ciao. Adios.

Labels:


Praba - 5:31 AM 0 comment(s)



No. Of Visitors

Send me emails whenever blog is updated!

what is this?


Posts that contain Liverpool per day for the last 30 days.
Technorati Chart
Get your own chart!

Add to Technorati Favorites


My blog is worth $13,161.72.
How much is your blog worth?

Name - Praba
Age - 22
Birthday - 19 May
Horoscope - Taurus
E-Mail - narakabarp@gmail.com

Deepavali Greetings
The Indian Music
KLKillahs Visit Utsav
The All So Feared Room
Apologies
Door To Door Wails
The Season To Show KLKare & KLKoncern
Funky Names For The Future
The Pick Up Li(n)es
Theemithi 2006

April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
March 2010

My 20th
Sun Tv Part 1
World Cup Fever
Friendster
Sun Tv Woes Part 2
Apologies
Funky Names For The Future
Door To Door Wails
Pick Up Li(n)es
The Nickname KLKlassification
Anonymous Callers
The Problem With Acronyms
The KLKomical SMSes
Weird Weird Emails
The Disturb Calls
The Hokkien Encyclopedia
Deepavali

How Did You Come Across This Blog?
By Word
Other Blogs
Google
Friendster
Just Got Lucky

Faeza
Freelance Makeup & Henna

Joyce
Kavitha

Michelle
Panther & Dynah
Priscilla
re Revathy
Samantha Gracie
Sangeetha
Sarah

Image hosting by Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Property Of Rough Rhymes


Praba.
20 This Year.
Cursed to be here.
First to be clear.

You won't understand till we trade places.
I need my own breathing spaces.

See, my life ain't promised.
But it'll sure get better.
Hope you undastan my love letter.

I dropped 5 times but I'm still breathin'.
Livin' proof there's a god if you need a reason.

I think about it everyday.
I haf so much to say.
My main thing was to be major paid.
This game's sharper than a muthafuckin' razor blade.

I wanna be meaningful.
Not winnin' fools.
I followed fools.
Swallowed rules.
Now I'm starting to trip.
I'm losing my grip.

Many were impressed when they saw praba writin'.
Now wait for him to start fightin'
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com